Under the direction of the Director of External Operations, the Assistant Director of Marketing will implement and execute successful strategies to increase pride of affiliation and Athletics attendance for Jacksonville students, alumni, supporters, and community members.
This employee must possess a passion for intercollegiate athletics and will exemplify the Jacksonville University Athletic Department Core Values in all areas: BE ORIGINAL, PUT OTHERS FIRST, EXCEED EXPECTATIONS, FOSTER GROWTH, A PART OF THE WHOLE
Description of Essential Job Duties:
• Develop comprehensive student engagement plans to increase awareness and attendance at Athletics games and events
• Responsible for planning and executing Athletics content for student campus events. Examples include: New Student Orientation, Homecoming & Family Weekend, River City Rumble, Phin Phever, Phin Fest, Jacksonville Lacrosse Classic, ASUN Tournaments
• Serve as department liaison to Student Life, Residential Life, and other student support departments
• Assist in planning and management of community appearances for administrators, coaches, student-athletes, and mascots
• Assist coaches in securing strategic community service projects and events for Athletics teams
• Rebrand and manage Dunk’n Kids Club
• Creative content production and assistance as needed
• Assist with Athletics major events (donor dedications, Presidential/Athletic Director events, etc.)
• Track and report Athletics engagement and attendance numbers Marketing & Game Day
• Develop and execute game day marketing and promotional strategies
• Work directly with coaches and staff to create sport-specific engagement and marketing plans
• Serve as MC or PA for athletic and campus events
• Craft Game Day materials: PA scripts, playlists, timing sheets, etc.
• Supervise and schedule student interns, marketing street team, and other game day workers as needed
• Assists in fulfillment for Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment contracted elements
• Continually collaborates with University partners
• Other duties as assigned
Prerequisites Required for Position: 1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, public relations, communications or related field. 2. Experience: 1-2 years professional experience in fundraising, marketing, engagement, events or other related field. Direct experience in college athletics preferred.
Jacksonville University is a premier, small, private university with an enrollment of 3,500 students on a 260 acre riverfront campus in jacksonville, Florida. The university reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.